Natural herbs for heart disease reviews – What are the best natural herbs for heart disease?
The formation of a blood clot is a natural response of the body when one of its areas incurs injuries that results to bleeding. Although these clots are often seen externally over the injury site, it may also occur inside blood vessels. This is usually seen in people who are suffering from atherosclerosis or plaque buildup in the arterial walls.
People who develop blood clots inside their blood vessels are recommended to immediately seek medical help to prevent any complications in the future. Prescription medications as well as natural herbs for heart may be used in treating this specific problem.
When blood clots form inside of the blood vessels, which is also known as thrombosis, it may either lead to the development of serious conditions or may cause lifelong problems. The most common conditions that are caused by thrombosis include strokes and pulmonary embolisms, and heart attacks.
Having high cholesterol levels, being immobile for a long period, heredity and some medications may increase a person’s risk from developing blood clots. Although medications are the most common treatments for this problem, other people prefer the use of natural supplements which, they say, are as effective yet more beneficial compared to medications. Besides medications, natural herbs for heart are some of the most sought.
There are several natural herbs for heart made for preventing blood clots from developing:
- Hawthorn can be used in cases of heart failure, since it doesn’t have any negative effects on arrhythmias, and actually helps to prevent them.
- Dong Quai is useful for strengthening the tone of the heart, and is commonly used for congestive heart failure in China.
- Motherswort can be especially useful, as it slows a rapid heartbeat, and generally improves cardiac activity.
- Reishi, which like hawthorn has cardio-protective activity, improves blood flow to the heart, and eases pain from angina.
- Astragalus, generally thought to be an immune herb, is used extensively in Chinese medicine for increasing cardiac output. In addition, it also reduces angina.
- One of the herbs that is always used for clogged arteries is garlic, which besides reducing cholesterol, has a very strong protective effect on the heart and circulatory system.